Monday, August 13, 2012

Weekend Getaway

Happy Monday.  This Monday is particularly hard because the hubby and I went away for the weekend and coming home from vacation sucks! We stayed locally but left the kids behind and had a blast. We caught a Giants game, saw 2 movies and ate out for every meal.  It was a wonderful weekend but by the end I was feeling tired and sluggish.

Eating out 3 times a day can be tough on the body.  My body has become accustomed to whole wheat, tons of fruits and vegetables, and lean meats.  When I started feeding it tons of processed crap, I slowly began to feel the affects of poor eating choices. I'm glad it was only 2 days and today I am right back into my healthy eating.

It can be difficult to make good eating choices when dining at restaurants but not impossible. A salad with no cheese and dressing on the side is a good choice. A turkey and avocado sandwich is also healthy if its ordered without cheese on whole wheat bread. Don't be afraid to ask for a custom order and make substitutions.  I find that my problem is I always have good intentions of ordering healthy and then something else on the menu catches my attention and I can't resist. Looking at the menu online and deciding what to eat before going to the restaurant is a great way to avoid being temped by unhealthy foods. I don't like the way I feel when I consistently eat processed garbage so next time I go on vacation I will make sure to plan ahead!

I wasn't scheduled for a run this morning but felt I could use the extra cardio so I got up at 6AM so I could fit in a quick 3 miles and my weight training.  It felt awesome to get a great workout in and it was the best way to start the day. I took my husband to work and son to preschool, went to the post office, did my weekly grocery shopping and got my workout in all before 9AM.  I love it when I am super productive in the morning!

Make it a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment